Transient Gets 12 Years in Fatal Hollywood Walk of Fame Stabbing of 23-Year-Old Woman

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A homeless man convicted of fatally stabbing a woman along the Hollywood Walk of Fame last year was sentenced Friday to 12 years in prison.

Dustin James Kinnear, shown at his arraignment on Oct. 22, 2013, was sentenced Friday to 12 years in prison after pleading no contest in the fatal stabbing of a woman at the Hollywood & Highland Center. (Credit: Irfan Khan / Los Angeles Times)

Dustin James Kinnear, shown at his arraignment on Oct. 22, 2013, was sentenced Friday to 12 years in prison after pleading no contest in the fatal stabbing of a woman at the Hollywood & Highland Center. (Credit: Irfan Khan / Los Angeles Times)

Dustin James Kinnear stared straight ahead in the downtown Los Angeles courtroom and whispered at one point to his attorney as the victim’s mother told the judge that she felt “hurt, mad, angry and outraged” by Kinnear’s actions.

“My heart is damaged. My baby is gone,” Yolonde Tassin said.

Kinnear, 27, pleaded no contest to a charge of voluntary manslaughter last month in the death of Christine Calderon, 23, after jurors sent out a note during deliberations in his trial saying they were deadlocked on a murder charge.

Click here to read the full story on LATimes.com.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.