The KTLA Morning News invited viewers to enjoy its annual free ice skating party at the Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square in Downtown Los Angeles.
Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square
Runs Now through January 19, 2015
Pershing Square: 532 South Olive Street, Los Angeles 90012
Info line: 213.624.4289
Admission: $9 per person; one-hour skating session Skate Rental: $3 (figure/hockey)
Purchase tickets at the rink or in advance at:
Social Media Links:
Driving Direction and Parking Instruction for guest and talent parking validation are attached and printed below:
Pershing Square (532 South Olive, across from the Millennium Biltmore Hotel)
*From the 110 Freeway towards downtown LA.
*Exit at 6th Street (go east toward the heart of downtown skyscrapers. If you are coming from the South it will be a right exit off the freeway that takes you onto 6th). Stay on 6th but get in the left lane, as you will be turning within a few city blocks.
*Turn left at Olive (it is a one way street). As soon as you turn you are at Pershing Square.
*Stay in the right lane of Olive and proceed into the underground parking lot entrance.
Rink phone: (213) 624-4289
Knott’s Merry Farm and The Merry Christmas Snoopy! Show along with skaters from Paramount Iceland
Knott’s Merry Farm. The “Merry Christmas, Snoopy!” show plays at the theme park November 22 – January 4.
*The tie in for the rink is: On Tuesday, December 4th at 4:00pm there will be a special free “mini” showcase performance with Snoopy and the cast from the show. Open to the public and we invite inner city kids to come see Snoopy perform.
*New this year, Snoopy, the Peanuts, and a cast of world class ice skaters will perform in a breath taking new ice show, “Merry Christmas, Snoopy!” in the Charles M. Schulz theatre.
*In this exciting new show filled with whimsy and spectacular skating, Snoopy enjoys all of the best parts of the season, including trimming the Christmas tree, awaiting Santa’s arrival, and attending the festive Christmas Ball!
*The new ice show accompanies a host of family friendly holiday entertainment, only at Knott’s Merry Farm 11/22 – 1/4
Tickets at knotts.com
Paramount Iceland is hosting a holiday show called “Holiday on Ice, A Red Carpet Event” on Sunday, December 14th at 5pm.
Rink address: Paramount Iceland; 8041 Jackson Street, Paramount, CA 90723
*Free Event: The show features skaters from Southern California, national and international skaters and beginner skaters from local communities all gathering together to celebrate their love of figure skating.
*Paramount Iceland has 75 years in the community and is the home to the original Zamboni
Jr. Kings Mites and Mini Mites at Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square
They are the Jr. Kings “Mites” and “Mini Mites” a travel team with the league. All kids are born in 2007 and have been playing hockey for three years. Advanced for their age. They are based and train at Toyota Center El Segundo and practice 3 times a week. The Jr. Kings range in age from ages 5 to 18. They don’t rank the young kids teams but when they get older they rank them. Jr. Kings have two or three teams that are nationally ranked in top 10 or 15, some in the top 5 in the US.
Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square offers both figure skates and hockey skates for patrons. Also, there is a Broom Hockey Tournament that gets underway Jan 6, 7, 8 and 13, 14, and 15.
Anyone interested in signing up, click HERE.
Emmy Raver-Lampman of Wicked (Elphaba) with skaters from LA Ice Theater performing to “The Wizard and I” from “Wicked”
Wednesday nights in December are officially designated “Wicked Wednesdays” where patrons will have a chance to win free tickets to see the show at the Pantages (runs December 10, 2014 through March 15, 2015). The ice will be flooded in green lights to look like the Emerald City and the musical soundtrack will be played.
* EMMY RAVER-LAMPMAN (Elphaba) is ecstatic about joining the Wicked family! Favorites: A Night With Janis Joplin (Broadway), Jekyll & Hyde (Broadway/Tour ), Hair (Broadway/Tour). Graduate of Marymount Manhattan College. Many thanks to Telsey + Co., Nicolosi & Co., the Wicked team, her loving parents and wonderful friends
* WICKED solidified itself as a Los Angeles favorite with its most recent, highly-successful engagement during the 2011 holiday season. WICKED celebrated a record-breaking L.A. premiere in 2005, which was followed two years later by an extended engagement that would go on to run two years, becoming one of the longest-running Broadway musicals in L.A. history.
* Long before Dorothy drops in, two other girls meet in the Land of Oz. One - born with emerald green skin - is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. WICKED tells the story of their remarkable odyssey, how these two unlikely friends grow to become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good.
* WICKED has been declared “A Cultural Phenomenon” by Variety and “The Best Musical of the Decade” by Entertainment Weekly. WICKED currently has nine productions around the world, in New York, London, Japan, Australasian Tour, South Korea, Latin America, a U.K. Tour, and two concurrent North American National Tours.
* WICKED has been performed in over 100 cities in 13 countries around the world (U.S., Canada, England, Ireland, Japan, Germany, Holland, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, The Philippines, and Mexico) and has thus far been translated into five languages: Japanese, German, Dutch, Spanish, and Korean.
* The regular performance schedule for WICKED is Tuesday through Friday at 8pm, Saturday at 2pm & 8pm, and Sunday at 1pm & 6:30pm. There is an added weekday matinee on Thursday, December 11th at 2pm. The holiday performance schedule for WICKED for the week of December 22 – 28, 2014 is Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday at 8pm, Wednesday and Saturday at 2pm, & Sunday at 1pm & 6:30pm. The holiday performance schedule for the week of December 29, 2014 – January 4, 2015 is Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday at 8pm, Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday at 2pm, & Sunday at 1pm & 6:30pm.
Polar Bear Skate Models in Swimsuits Robert Keith, Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square
Polar Bear Skate
*New free event to bring kick off 2015 with a new tradition.
*Polar Bear Skate: The Los Angeles Edition: New Year’s Day 2:30pm to 3:30pm at Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square in Downtown Los Angeles.
*A new holiday tradition that’s so LA. Celebrate the popular frozen New Year’s Day Canadian tradition with a twist. Grab your sunglasses and swim suit to “take the plunge” with a skate around the rink. Skaters of all ages are invited to dress in beach attire for an invigorating welcome to 2015. The first 30 participants will receive a plush polar bear hat.
Models provided by ReFresh Talent Agency
- Gorgeous skating models provided by ReFresh Talent Agency
- ReFresh Talent Agency is based in Orange County: serving LA, OC and SD counties.
- ReFresh Talent represents: Models and actors for commercial, print, digital media and live events.
- ReFresh models have been featured in local and national campaigns and publications.
*What makes us unique: The reason it’s refresh, use a fresh approach to this industry with professional and personalized experience. The models don’t feel like a piece of meat and are carefully selected for each project. We set ourselves apart from the large modeling agencies because we really care about the marketing aspect of each project, not just concerned with filling an order. Bring a personalized touch to it.
*It’s cliché but we are very friendly and approachable, unlike some of the bigger agencies in the business. Really advantageous to the model and the business partner.
Social media: @refreshtalent
LAPD SWAT Toy Drive
LAPD SWAT has long partnered with Orthopaedic Hospital for a Christmas Toy Drive. SWAT Officers assist hospital staff and volunteers in handing out gifts to injured, sick and less fortunate kids in the LA area. A SWAT Officer even dresses up as Santa and arrives via LAPD helicopter.
Orthopaedic Institute for Children is the world leader pediatric orthopaedic care, research and education, with locations in downtown Los Angeles, Santa Monica and Westwood. This is the 20-year anniversary of the OIC/LAPD SWAT partnership.
LAPD SWAT places toy boxes in 21 metro division stations throughout Los Angeles during the month of November.
The goal is to get at least 5,000 toys donated each year.
On November 19 from 6am to 3pm, OIC and LAPD SWAT will hold a special toy drive called “Fill the Bear”, at Westfield Promenade in Woodland Hills (corner lot at Erwin Street and Owensmouth Avenue.
OIC and LAPD SWAT will distribute the toys to more than 2,000 OIC patients in December for the holidays
Turkey Trot interview with turkey bowling and Spokesperson: Brennan Lindner, CTO, Chief Turkey Officer
- 2nd Annual Event on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 27-- benefitting 3 local Charities including the Los Angeles Food Bank and HomeBoy Industries
- This year the Turkey is fighting back!
- Thanksgiving Day 5K and 10K Road Race in Downtown LA right beside City Hall and Grand Park - Kid’s Widdle Wobble as well!
- Registration is still open for runners, walkers, and turkeys of every sort on Active.com
- Historic and scenic courses throughout Spring St., Bunker Hill that run by Disney Hall, and other cool locales
- Super fun, Post-Race Finish Line Party with DJ, exhibitors, food and drink, and Finisher Bling (medal) for everyone
- All race information can be found HERE
- Produced by local Event Production Company Generic Events, based in Venice, CA
Social Media Links:
Official Hashtag: #TurkeyTrotLA