Gayle Anderson was live in Tustin for TOYS FOR TOTS! Fashion Island, Irvine Spectrum Center and The Market Place have partnered with KTLA 5 for their Season of Sharing with TOYS FOR TOTS, a U.S. Marine Corps Reserve program that collects new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year to distribute as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community in which it is conducted.
To participate in this toy drive this holiday season, bring a new, unwrapped toy* to a TOYS FOR TOTS toy drop location at Fashion Island, Irvine Spectrum Center, or The Market Place through Saturday, December 20th and receive a Holiday Savings Passport filled with exclusive offers**!
Toy Drop Locations:
- Fashion Island Concierge – located inside Atrium Court
- Irvine Spectrum Center Guest Services – located near the Carousel as well as the Giant Wheel
- The Market Place Management Office – located upstairs near California Pizza Kitchen on the Tustin side of the center
- The Market Place Duck the Halls events
The Holiday Savings Passport is valid through Saturday, December 20th and includes exclusive offers such as:
- The Market Place: $10 off your purchase of two entrees at Bonefish Grill, a free small plate with purchase of $15 or more at California Pizza Kitchen, buy-one-get-one-free entrée at IHOP, as well as additional deals from Baja Fresh Mexican Grill, Orangetheory Fitness, Stein Mart, Taco Rosa, Anaheim Ducks special ticket deals, and more.
- Fashion Island: buy-one-get-one-free pizza at Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza, a free Kids Meal at Chick-Fil-A with purchase of any adult meal, and exclusive offers from Baking Betty’s and Island Sole.
- Irvine Spectrum Center: a buy-one-get-one-free entrée at BRIO Tuscan Grille, free taco with purchase of $10 or more at TLT Food, a complimentary starter or dessert at LYFE Kitchen, one free attraction ride on the Carousel, Giant Wheel or Trackless Train, one free Ice Skating Pass, one free Valet Parking pass, and other special deals from Pho Saigon Pearl, Urban Seoul, Active Ride Shop and Disneyland Resort.
*TOYS FOR TOTS prefers donors to consider what might be an appropriate gift for their own child/relative (up to age 12), purchase the item, and donate to TOYS FOR TOTS. Please do not donate realistic toy weapons and gifts with food. If donated, such items will not be distributed. For more information about the donation process, click HERE.
About TOYS FOR TOTS
In 1947, Major Bill Hendricks, USMCR founded TOYS FOR TOTS in Los Angeles, CA. 5,000 toys were collected during a campaign before Christmas 1947. The following year, the United States Marine Corps adopts TOYS FOR TOTS and expands it into a nationwide community action project. Marines at each Reserve Center throughout the nation conduct toy collection and distribution campaigns in the communities surrounding the center.
In 1995, the TOYS FOR TOTS Program was approved as an official activity of the U.S. Marine Corps and an official mission of the Marine Corps Reserve by the Secretary of Defense. It has distributed over 469 million toys to over 216 million less fortunate children over its life span. Through a new toy at Christmas, the primary goal of TOYS FOR TOTS is to deliver a message of hope to less fortunate children that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens. For more information, click HERE.
This season, Duck The Halls at The Market Place in Tustin and Irvine and check out three different holiday trees inspired and designed by the LA/OC favorite hockey team, Anaheim Ducks. Located throughout the center, the trees are designed and inspired by the team and Wild Wing, the team’s official mascot. In addition, there are fun and interactive events and activities with the Anaheim Ducks each weekend through the holidays.
The remaining Duck the Hall events are held from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturdays in December. During the event, visitors can enter for a chance to win The Ultimate Fan Package, which includes four Anaheim Ducks tickets and a $500 American Express gift card to spend at The Market Place. After the events, there will also be holiday musical entertainment from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at each Anaheim Ducks-themed tree at The Market Place.
Scheduled Duck the Hall events include:
- Saturday, December 6th: Meet & Greet Guy Hebert, Wild Wing and the Power Players (in the Edwards Theater Courtyard, Irvine side)
- Saturday, December 13th: Family Fun Event (Food Court Courtyard near Lowe’s, Irvine side)
- Saturday, December 20th: Family Fun Event (California Pizza Kitchen Courtyard, Tustin side)
About Irvine Company Retail Properties
With three shopping centers including Fashion Island, Irvine Spectrum Center and The Market Place, the Irvine Company Retail Properties also includes 36 neighborhood and community centers with a diverse mix of stores and restaurants. For more information, please click HERE.
Now Through Saturday, December 20th
TOYS FOR TOTS Toy Drive
Toy Drop Locations:
The Market Place (Management Office & Duck the Hall events)
2961 El Camino Real
Tustin, CA 92782
Fashion Island (Concierge)
401 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
(949) 721-2000 / (855) 658-8527
Irvine Spectrum Center (Guest Services)
670 Spectrum Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
|Saturdays through December 20th
2:00 - 4:00 p.m., FREE
Duck the Halls at The Market Place
2961 El Camino Real
Tustin, CA 92782
If you have questions, please feel free to call Gayle Anderson at 323-460-5732 or e-mail Gayle at Gayle.Anderson@KTLA.com