Nearly 2 Dozen LA Parks, Fire Stations Accepting Christmas Trees
Angelenos looking to get rid of their Christmas trees could drop it off at 19 different Los Angeles parks and fire stations that planned to accept them Sunday morning and afternoon, according to the Bureau of Sanitation.
Anyone dropping off trees was asked to remove all ornaments, decorations, tinsel and the stand.
The following locations were scheduled to accept trees between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. (click the links to view a map of the location)
- Griffith Park: L.A. Zoo parking lot
- Baldwin Hills: Rancho Cienega Recreation Center at 5001 Rodeo Rd.
- Encino: Balboa Sports Center at 17015 Burbank Blvd.
- Rancho Park: Cheviot Hills Recreation Center at 2551 Motor Ave.
- Sunland: Sunland Park at 8651 Foothill Blvd.
- Westchester: Westchester Municipal Building at 7166 West Manchester Ave.
- Fire Station #21: 1192 E. 51st St. South Los Angeles; 213-485-6221
- Fire Station #28: 11641 Corbin Ave. Porter Ranch; 818-756-9728
- Fire Station #29: 4029 W. Wilshire Blvd. Hancock Park; 213-485-6229
- Fire Station #44: 1410 Cypress Ave., Cypress Park; 213-485-6244
- Fire Station #64: 10811 S. Main St. South Los Angeles 213-485-6264
- Fire Station #65: 1801 E. Century Blvd. Watts; 213-485-6265
- Fire Station #71: 107 S. Beverly Glen Blvd. Holmby Hills/Bel-Air; 310-575-8571
- Fire Station #77: 9224 Sunland Bl., Sun Valley; 818-756-8677
- Fire Station #82: 5769 Hollywood Blvd. Hollywood; 213-485-6282
- Fire Station #88: 5101 N. Sepulveda Blvd. Sherman Oaks; 818-756-8688
- Fire Station #94: 4470 Coliseum St. Crenshaw District; 213-485-6294
- Fire Station #106: 23004 Roscoe Blvd. West Hills; 818-756-8606
- Fire Station #108: 12520 Mulholland Dr. Franklin Canyon; 818-756-8608
Anyone who wished to dispose of their tree without visiting one of the listed drop-off locations was asked to remove all ornaments, tinsel and the stand, then cut the tree and place it into a green trash bin and leave the bin outside for their areas regularly scheduled pick up.
If anyone was unable to cut the tree, they were asked to set it curbside on collection day.