Avoid These Big Online Flower Ordering Mistakes
If you’re buying flowers online for Valentine’s Day, make sure you don’t make these mistakes.
The internet has made ordering flowers online easy, but what you see is not always what you get. Recently I chatted with Farbod Shoraka, who started BloomNation.com as a way to empower local florists and put style back in bouquets.
Here are BloomNation.com's Top 10 Mistakes To Avoid This Valentine's Day:
- Waiting until the last minute
- Ordering the wrong style of flowers for the wrong stage of a relationship
- Thinking that your flowers will be guaranteed delivery by a specific time
- Having your flowers delivered in a box
- Assuming a dozen red roses is the only option
- Telling the recipient to put bleach and other toxic products into the flowers to “make them last longer”
- Shopping stock images of arrangements
- Choosing flowers that are out of season
- Ignoring the reviews of the florist you’re shopping
- Being sloppy with the note (the letter brings out even more of the emotion from a floral gift)
I will add a #11 - always look for a promo code online to save some $$$ on your order.
Also, if you order from BloomNation.com, use promo code RICHONTECHBN for $10 off an arrangement, not including delivery or tax. It's valid until February 10th at 12 PM PST.
A big thank you to LA Premier for letting us shoot our segment at their location.