Worried they could be kicked out of their homes, tenants of a new Hollywood high-rise at the center of a legal battle spoke out for the first time Saturday.
“It’s been a nightmare,” said Melanie Culvey, who moved into the 22-story Sunset and Gordon building with her husband and toddler in September. She said she’s stressed by not knowing whether she’ll have to leave her apartment, and where she’ll go if she does.
Tenants say they feel like they’re caught in the middle of a fight between the city of Los Angeles and building developer CIM Group.
L.A. building officials last month ordered CIM Group to remove its tenants by April 19 because its temporary occupancy permit had expired.
Click here to read the full story at LATimes.com.