Firefighters Respond to Underground Electrical Vault Fire in Pasadena

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

An underground vault fire broke out in Pasadena on Tuesday, April 14, 2015. No injuries were reported. (Credit: Google Maps)

Firefighters on Tuesday morning responded to an underground electrical vault fire that prompted a power outage in Pasadena, officials said.

There were no immediate reports of injuries.

A caller reported that an explosion happened about 10:45 a.m. in the 900 block of North Lake Avenue, near East Mountain Avenue (map), according to Lisa Derderian, spokeswoman for the Pasadena Fire Department.

Multiple buildings in the area were evacuated as firefighters investigated the scene, Derderian said. That evacuation order was later lifted.

Except for the location where the incident occurred, power was restored to customers in the area by 1:17 p.m., the Fire Department said on Twitter. It was unclear if the fire caused a power outage or if officials deliberately suspended electrical service for safety reasons.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.