National Lobster Day with Barton G. LA, BOA Steakhouse and Little Sister restaurants
Three restaurants shared their lobster specialities.
Barton G. LA – Executive Chef Attila Bollok
- West Hollywood’s “culinary theatery,” Barton G. LA, celebrating its first year anniversary this month, is known for its unique dining experience to draw out the playful side of epicurism.
- Showcasing famously over-the-top culinary theatrics with the West Coast’s laid back lifestyle and quintessential Hollywood glamor, the whimsical restaurant is revolutionizing neo-classic American cuisine.
- Barton G. LA offers adults a fun, upscale take on nostalgic dishes and has become recognizable for eye-catching and original creations such as the Lobster Pop Tarts, Lobster Apicius, Lobster Trap, and Lobster Trap Truffle Mac n Cheese
BOA – Executive Chef Jose Melendez
- BOA Steakhouse is a modern American steakhouse helmed by Executive Chef Jose Melendez that has served as a trend-forward dining destination since 2001.
- With locations in West Hollywood and Santa Monica, the restaurant features a contemporary menu with a selection of steaks including its signature 40-Day Dry Aged New York Strip, as well as various seafood and poultry entrée options, an array of sides, and a selection of house-made sauces and rubs including BOA’s J-1 Steak Sauce.
- Lobster is an integral part of the menu at BOA Steakhouse, from creative sides such as Lobster Mashed Potatoes and Lobster Mac and Cheese, to surf and turf, to standalone lobster dishes such as the Nova Scotia Lobster Tail
Little Sister – Chef Partner Tin Vuong & Chef Mikey Segerstrom
- Little Sister is a Southeast Asian-inspired restaurant located in Manhattan Beach from Chef/Partner Tin Vuong and Chef Mikey Segerstrom, serving “anti-fusion” dishes such as spicy Ma La Beef Tartare, Balinese Style Fried Meat Balls, and Myanmar Okra Curry
- A signature item from the Vietnamese anti-fusion restaurant is the Salt & Pepper Lobster with butter fried shallots, fried chilies, and garlic. If guests have leftover lobster at the end of a meal, the kitchen revives the remnants and turns them into a new dish to enjoy in the restaurant or at home – Lobster Fried Rice.