President Obama was in Los Angeles on Thursday for pair of fundraisers for the Democratic National Committee and reportedly to take part in a podcast recording in Northeast L.A. on Friday.
The president arrived aboard Air Force One at Los Angeles International Airport about 2:17 p.m. He was greeted by L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti and departed the tarmac in Marine One shortly after 2:30 p.m.
Obama took part in a DNC roundtable at the Pacific Palisades home of "Two and a Half Men" executive producer Chuck Lorre.
The president later made his way to the Beverly Hills residence of film director Tyler Perry where he spoke to a crowd of about 250 people about the church shooting in South Carolina as well as other issues.
The president was also scheduled to be a guest on the "WTF" podcast, host and comedian Marc Maron announced at the start of his Monday episode.
"If everything goes as planned ... I will post a WTF ... featuring myself in conversation ... talking to the President of the United States of America, Barack Obama,” Maron said, adding that the interview was expected to take place Friday. It would then be posted the following Monday.
The podcast is recorded in the garage of Maron's home in the Highland Park neighborhood.
As in past visits, a number of rolling road closures were anticipated to accommodate the president's motorcade, including a number in L.A.'s Westside area that were scheduled during the afternoon rush hour on Thursday.
In addition to more Westside-area closures on Friday morning during rush hour traffic, some streets in the Pasadena and Highland Park areas would also be shut down because of the presidential visit.
The Los Angeles Police Department has issued a traffic advisory, and has advised motorists to avoid the following streets at the aforementioned times on Thursday:
- The area around Sepulveda Boulevard between Lincoln Boulevard and Century Boulevard between 2 p.m. to 3 p.m
- The area around Pico Boulevard and 23rd Street between 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- The area around Barrington Avenue and Palms Boulevard between 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- The area around Centinela Avenue and Bundy Avenue between 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- The area around Bundy Avenue and the 10 Freeway between 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- The area around 405 Freeway and Sunset Boulevard between 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- The area around Evans Road and Monorca Drive from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The area around Napoli Drive and Sunset Boulevard from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The area around Sunset Boulevard and the 405 Freeway from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The area around the 405 Freeway and Mulholland Drive 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The area around Mulholland Drive and Coldwater Canyon 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The area around Coldwater Canyon and Beverly Drive 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- The area around Beverly Drive and Sunset Boulevard 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- The area around Wilshire Boulevard and Santa Monica Boulevard 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
LAPD has also issued a traffic advisory for the following areas on Friday, and again encouraged motorists to urge a number of roads at the following times:
- The area around Wilshire Boulevard and Santa Monica Boulevard from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- The area around Santa Monica Boulevard and Century Park East from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- The area around Century Park East and Pico Boulevard from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- The area around Pico Boulevard and Overland Avenue from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- The area around Overland Avenue and National Boulevard from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- The area around National Boulevard and Interstate 10 Freeway 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- The area around the 405 Freeway and Centinela Avenue 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- The area around Arroyo Boulevard and Mountain Street 8 a.m.to 12 p.m.
- The area around Mountain Street and the 210 Freeway 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- The area around the 134 Freeway and Colorado Boulevard 8 to 12 p.m.
- The area around Colorado Boulevard and Figueroa Street 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- The area around York Boulevard and North Avenue 51 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- The area around Yosemite Drive and North Avenue 56 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Seco Street between West Drive and Lincoln Avenue from 7 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Rosemount Avenue between Prospect Terrace and North Arroyo Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- West Drive between Linda Vista Avenue to Salvia Canyon Road from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Rosemount Avenue between North Arroyo Boulevard and Seco Street from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.