5 Juveniles, 5 Adults Overdose on Synthetic Drug Spice in Downtown San Diego
Ten people overdosed Sunday afternoon in downtown San Diego after smoking the synthetic drug Spice, police said.
Five adults and five juveniles suffered “mild to serious symptoms” after smoking the drug, police said. Some were unconscious, others were vomiting. Several were taken to emergency rooms.
The drug may have been sold in black packages with blue dragons on the side, police said.
Police are attempting to track down all victims, witnesses and those selling the drug. Victims ranged in age from 13 to 28, according to the San Diego Fire & Rescue Department.