Andrea Woroch, Consumer & Money-Saving Expert
According to Andrea Woroch, Consumer-Savings Expert
- Instant price comparison: Download browser tools like InvisibleHand to get pop-up notifications in your browser when something you're looking at online is priced for less another site plus it tells you if there are any available coupons. You can also quickly compare with search engines like PriceGrabber.com, PriceWatch, Shopping.com. For those shopping in store, ShopSavvy app provides instant price comparison among both brick and mortar stores as well as online retailers so you can request price matching and never miss a lower price.
- Track price drops: A recent study found that Amazon fluctuated prices during the last holiday shopping season on as many as 80 millions products during a single day. TrackIf.com tracks price drops and alerts you when something you’ve added to your wish list goes on sale so you know when to snag it for the cheapest price. Paribus tracks online purchases linked to your email account and requests price adjustments on your behalf if something goes on sale after you bought it.
- Avoid shipping fees and know deadlines: Free shipping is one of the most popular promotions so you should never pay for delivery! Search for free shipping codes at FreeShipping.org for popular retailers like Kohls, JCPenney and Macy’s. And, mark your calendar for Free Shipping Day on Friday, Dec. 18 when hundreds of online retailers will offer free shipping with no minimum order and guaranteed delivery by Christmas Eve. Check www.freeshippingday.com to see who’s participating. You can also sign up for Amazon or ShopRunner's free 30-day trial to get 2-day shipping at no cost.
- Choose payment wisely: Paying with credit card offers extra perks. For example, Citi’s Price Rewind program offers a 60-day search for lower prices on purchases members made using the card. American Express cardholders receive a complimentary subscription to ShopRunner for free expedited shipping and free returns. Paying with your PayPal account ensures you get free shipping and free returns at any online retailer this season.
- Name your own price: Haggling made simple with Greentoe which negotiates prices on popular gadgets with electronic retailers for. Send an offer on select electronics like a digital camera or Beats headphones and they’ll negotiate on your behalf. You’ll get an email letting you know if your offer was accepted or if the retailer made a counter offer Plus, the price includes shipping and tax!