The federal investigation into the San Bernardino massacre is now focused on a critical missing chunk of time: What were the shooters doing for an 18-minute period soon after last month's attack?
David Bowdich, assistant director in charge of the FBI's L.A. office, said Tuesday that agents have pieced together the couple's movements for most of Dec. 2 but made a public plea asking for anybody with video or information about the shooters' whereabouts from 12:59 to 1:17 p.m. to come forward.
Authorities want to know whether Syed Rizwan Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, might have stopped at businesses, dropped anything off or made contact with anyone during that missing time.
Bowdich said that investigators had been able to show that the couple drove back and forth within a large L-shape area after the shooting, stopping at a parking lot near the Inland Regional Center, where the shooting occurred, and at a nearby lake.
Click here to read the full story on LATimes.com.