Let's have some fun and let's learn something new. Here are some suggestions. Take a look and find something you might enjoy!
30th Annual Aids Walk OC
William R. Mason Regional Park
AIDS Services Foundation Orange County is hosting its 30th Annual AIDS Walk. The fundraiser walk has helped more than 8,000 people in the Orange County area affected by HIV/AIDS. To walk at Mason Regional Park or donate check the website: aidswalkorangecounty.org
Descanso Gardens Rose Festival
1418 Descanso Drive
La Canada Flintridge
818 949 4200
What’s described as “America’s favorite flower” is being celebrated in La Canada Flintridge at the Descanso Gardens Rose Festival.
Among other things, we can see rare and special roses in Descanso’s collection. We can learn how to make our own floral creations using roses and other flowers and more.
For the complete schedule the weekend rose festival activities, check the web site: descansogardens.org
Free Gardening Classes
Colorful Waterwise Plants
We can learn to landscape colorful waterwise plants at FREE classes offered by Armstrong Garden Centers.
The 32 free class locations are listed on the website armstronggarden.com
Pasadena Showcase House of Design
This is the last weekend to explore the design and decorating ideas are available at the fifty-second Pasadena Showcase House of Design. This year’s challenge was to magnify the beauty of this 1916 Mission Revival estates.
Thanks to a partnership with Dunn-Edwards Paints, 16 colors were chosen as part of this year’s palette, twelve of which were sourced from the new “Then, Now & Forever” collection. So, the colors are historically accurate from the Mission Revival period along with other architectural eras.
Proceeds from your visit benefit Pasadena music programs and scholarships.
For tour times and ticket information, check the website: pasadenashowcase.org
The Art of Botanical Seduction
2016 Garden Tour
Garden lovers will not want to miss the Robinson Gardens 28th Annual Garden Tour.
Visit the private gardens on the historic Beverly Hills Virginia Robinson Gardens estate; shop at the boutique; learn a thing or two from top designers and florists; enjoy a designer fashion and lunch.
For more details, take a look at the robinsongardens.org website.
Hola Mexican Film Festival
We can experience ten days of the best Mexican films at the largest festival of Mexican cinema outside of Mexico.
The Hola Mexican Film Festival takes place at various venues in downtown Los Angeles including Regal Cinema’s LA Live and La Plaza de Cutura Y Artes.
The festival is divided into 5 sections:
• México Ahora – The majority of the festivals programing is comprised in this section. México Ahora features the best of Mexican film released in recent year and it covers every genre of film. These films will make us laugh, cry and reflect.
• Nocturno –This section presents a sampling of the best horror films being produced in Mexico. These films will either scare us or introduce us to a world of pain and suffering – physically or mentally.
• Documental –Watch real life stories unfold in front of you, often with more drama than any fiction could provide.
• Hola Niños – In Mexico, animated films have grown in production and success, as of today, some of the biggest box office hits in Mexico are animations. And in Los Angeles, we know the importance of maintaining a close connection to our roots. This section provides a little cheer for the young ones allowing them to experience films in their native language. This section looks to show the best of Mexico’s animated films.
• Nuevas Voces – The future of Mexican cinematography is being written, shot and produced every day. Every year there are new directors releasing their films, and as a festival, we want to help these new directors debut their first work. The discovery of new talent starts here.
Find location, schedule, and ticket information check the website.
Conejo Valley Days
Conejo Creek Park
Conejo Valley Days is celebrating its 60th anniversary of Spring fun. Besides rides and games, there are motorcross exhibitions and the annual outhouse races!
The Thousand Oaks event benefits more than 30 local non-profits.
2nd Annual Save Our Sea Lion Festival
TARSAN Stand Up Paddle
831 North Harbor Drive
310 798 2200
Help save our sea lions at the 2nd Annual Save Our Sea Lion Festival at TARSAN Stand Up Paddle in Redondo Beach.
The proceeds from this festival benefits the Marine Mammal Care Center at Fort MacArthur in San Pedro. This is where sick and injured sea lions stranded on the Los Angeles County coastline are treated and then released back into their natural environment.
Celebrate Saturday. Gayle Anderson, KTLA 5 News
HOW TO GET ON THE "GAYLE ON THE GO" list! PLEASE SEND YOUR INFORMATION TO:
Facebook: Facebook.com/Gayle Anderson
So, what’s going on in your world? Let me know! Please be sure to provide video with your request. The deadline for your information is EVERY Tuesday 5pm.
And, don’t forget you can always post your information on the KTLA Community Calendar. Here’s the link: https://ktla.com/community
Have a GREAT weekend!