If you've run out of ideas for some Sunday fun, here are a few suggestions - some events are FREE! Enjoy!
Pasadena Showcase House of Design
This is the last weekend to explore the design and decorating ideas are available at the fifty-second Pasadena Showcase House of Design. This year’s challenge was to magnify the beauty of this 1916 Mission Revival estates.
Thanks to a partnership with Dunn-Edwards Paints, 16 colors were chosen as part of this year’s palette, twelve of which were sourced from the new “Then, Now & Forever” collection. So, the colors are historically accurate from the Mission Revival period along with other architectural eras.
Proceeds from your visit benefit Pasadena music programs and scholarships.
For tour times and ticket information, check the website: pasadenashowcase.org
Walk to Cure Arthritis
Join the 7,000 runners and walkers fundraising at the Walk to Cure Arthritis.
The Angel Stadium in Anaheim event supports the Arthritis Foundation and its mission to make life easier for people living with the disease.
Bowling for Angels
12655 Ventura Boulevard
If you have some spare time, you won’t strike out at the 21st Annual Bowling for Angels fundraiser at Pinz in Studio City.
Bowling for Angels raises money to support Project Angel Food’s mission to feed and nourish the sick as they battle cancer, HIV/AIDS, kidney failure, heart disease and other life threatening illnesses.
If you want to help this year’s fundraising goals or volunteer, the Project Angel Food website can address all of your donation and volunteer questions.
Free! International Water Safety Day
Brentwood Certified Farmers Market
Gretna Green & San Vicente
International Water Safety Day is being observed in Brentwood. The free event sponsored by Aquaview Fencing features lots of free information drowing prevention and information about making sure pools are code compliant and safe for the Summer.
The Original Renaissance Pleasure Fair
Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area
15501 East Arrow Highway
626 969 4750
Time is running out to have some fun at the ORIGINAL Renaissance Pleasure Faire.
The Elizabethan age festival is on 20-acres, filled with fun and fantastic costumed characters as well as the arts, crafts, rides, games and food of the period.
Descanso Gardens Rose Festival
1418 Descanso Drive
La Canada Flintridge
818 949 4200
What’s described as “America’s favorite flower” is being celebrated in La Canada Flintridge at the Descanso Gardens Rose Festival.
Among other things, we can see rare and special roses in Descanso’s collection. We can learn how to make our own floral creations using roses and other flowers and more.
For the complete schedule the weekend rose festival activities, check the web site: descansogardens.org
Hola Mexican Film Festival
We can experience ten days of the best Mexican films at the largest festival of Mexican cinema outside of Mexico.
The Hola Mexican Film Festival takes place at various venues in downtown Los Angeles including Regal Cinema’s LA Live and La Plaza de Cutura Y Artes.
The festival is divided into 5 sections:
• México Ahora – The majority of the festivals programing is comprised in this section. México Ahora features the best of Mexican film released in recent year and it covers every genre of film. These films will make us laugh, cry and reflect.
• Nocturno –This section presents a sampling of the best horror films being produced in Mexico. These films will either scare us or introduce us to a world of pain and suffering – physically or mentally.
• Documental –Watch real life stories unfold in front of you, often with more drama than any fiction could provide.
• Hola Niños – In Mexico, animated films have grown in production and success, as of today, some of the biggest box office hits in Mexico are animations. And in Los Angeles, we know the importance of maintaining a close connection to our roots. This section provides a little cheer for the young ones allowing them to experience films in their native language. This section looks to show the best of Mexico’s animated films.
• Nuevas Voces – The future of Mexican cinematography is being written, shot and produced every day. Every year there are new directors releasing their films, and as a festival, we want to help these new directors debut their first work. The discovery of new talent starts here.
Find location, schedule, and ticket information check the website.
Conejo Valley Days
Conejo Creek Park
Conejo Valley Days is celebrating its 60th anniversary of Spring fun. Besides rides and games, there are motorcross exhibitions and the annual outhouse races!
The Thousand Oaks event benefits more than 30 local non-profits.
Museums of the Arroyo Day
Six Museums in Los Angeles & Pasadena
It’s Museums of the Arroyo Day. That means we can visit six museums in Pasadena and Highland Park for free.
Free shuttles will take us to Gamble House, Heritage Square, Los Angeles Police Museum, Lummis Home, Pasadena Museum of History and the Autry's Southwest Museum for a day of art, architecture, family fun, and history.
HOW TO GET ON THE "GAYLE ON THE GO" list! PLEASE SEND YOUR INFORMATION TO:
Facebook: Facebook.com/Gayle Anderson
So, what’s going on in your world? Let me know! Please be sure to provide video with your request. The deadline for your information is EVERY Tuesday 5pm.
And, don’t forget you can always post your information on the KTLA Community Calendar. Here’s the link: https://ktla.com/community
Celebrate Sunday! Gayle Anderson, KTLA 5 News.