How to Help Those Affected by SoCal Brush Fires

Man Charged With Capital Murder of Two Brothers in East L.A. Pleads Not Guilty

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A man accused of capital murder in the 2015 shooting of two brothers at an East Los Angeles Park pleaded not guilty on Thursday, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

Brothers Antonio and Juan Aguilar were fatally shot on Nov. 22, 2015, their sister said. (Family photo)

Brothers Antonio and Juan Aguilar were fatally shot on Nov. 22, 2015, their sister said. (Family photo)

Pedro Vasquez, 23, of Bell Gardens, is accused of fatally shooting Antonio Aguilar, 33, and Juan Aguilar, 28, at Ruben Salazar Park on Nov. 22. The victims suffered multiple gunshot wounds.

Both men were parents with children under the age of 5, their sister told KTLA after the shooting.

Apparently one of the brothers had previously dated Vasquez’s sister, the DA’s office said.

Vasquez has been charged with two counts of murder and a special circumstance allegation of multiple murders, making him eligible for the death penalty, officials said.

He is being held without bail.