2 Adults, 3 Children Hospitalized in Long Beach After Getting Sick From Cleaning Products

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Two adults and three children were hospitalized Sunday afternoon after apparently getting sick from cleaning products, a fire official reported.

policetapeAt about 4:35 p.m. police and fire officials responded to a home in the 5500 block of Ackerfield Avenue after a family got sick while cleaning their house with chemicals, said Jake Heflin, public information officer for the Long Beach Fire Department.

The youngest victims were a 10-month-old baby, and two boys, ages 6 and 9. The children and adults were taken to a nearby hospital for evaluation, but were expected to be fine.

The family was believed to have been using bleach that may have been mixed with other chemicals, Heflin said.

A hazardous material team from the Long Beach Fire Department was working to determine the exact cause of the family’s illness.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.