Wife, Stepson Charged With Murder After KKK Leader in Missouri Fatally Shot

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The wife and stepson of a Ku Klux Klan leader in Missouri have been arrested and charged with murder.

On Monday, officials announced that Frank Ancona’s wife and stepson had been arrested in connection to the killing.

Malissa Ann Ancona and Paul Edward Jinkerson Jr. have each been charged with abandonment of a corpse, first-degree murder and tampering with physical evidence, according to television station KMOV in St. Louis.

According to the probable cause statement, Ancona was shot and killed while inside his bedroom by Jinkerson Jr. After the shooting, Ancona’s body was placed in Jinkerson’s vehicle and dumped in the Belgrade, Missouri area.

According to police, when they searched Ancona’s home, they found “extensive blood evidence” in the master bedroom.

Court documents state that Malissa told police her biological son killed Ancona while he was asleep. She also said she didn’t file a police report, attempted to destroy blood evidence, alter the crime scene to conceal evidence and that she was acting in concert with Jinkerson.

Authorities said they found the 51-year-old self-proclaimed Imperial Wizard of the Traditional American Knights’ car on Thursday in the Mark Twain National Forest, but it was not reported as suspicious because there was no report of a missing person at the time.

On Friday, police were alerted that Ancona was reported missing through a Facebook post. Officials then immediately began searching the area for possible leads.

Ancona’s body was found Saturday afternoon in the Big River, off Highway C on Big River Road near Belgrade, Missouri. The Washington County Deputy Coroner said the body was found on an access road to the river by a family who was on their way to go fishing. His body was located a few miles from where his car had been originally found.

Ancona’s death was ruled a homicide after it was determined he died of a gunshot wound to the head.

Over the weekend, police arrested Ancona’s stepson, Jinkerson Jr., on an unrelated warrant. Ancona’s wife was taken into custody Sunday night.

The Missouri Highway Patrol of Drug and Crime Control, St. Francois County Sheriff’s Department, Leadwood Police Department, and the Washington County Sheriff’s Office are all currently working on the ongoing investigation.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.