Man Collapses, Others Get Sick After Eating Co-Worker’s Food in San Diego

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A handful of people became sick Tuesday at a pharmaceutical company in the Sorrento Valley neighborhood of San Diego, according to fire officials.

The people fell ill after eating food that a co-worker brought to the office at Inovio Pharmaceuticals,  a San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokeswoman told KTLA sister station KSWB.

A 60-year-old man collapsed outside the business, she said. Medics took him to a trauma center. His condition unknown, the San Diego television station reported.

Another person was taken to a hospital and two others also sought medical treatment.

The dish in question was a shrimp casserole, according to the San Diego Union Tribune, but it was unclear if it was the shellfish or something else caused the illnesses.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.