Crews Resuscitate Dog Named ‘Lucky’ After Candle Sparks Pasadena House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Firefighters rescued a dog named “Lucky” after a candle started a fire in a Pasadena home Friday afternoon, authorities said.

An unattended candle sparked the house fire on the 400 block of Hill Avenue, according to the Pasadena Fire Department. Officials said crews managed to extinguish the blaze quickly.

A mother and her two children were able to flee the house before fire officials arrived, Pasadena Star-News reported. Upon the firefighters’ arrival, the family informed them that their dog Lucky was still inside.

Fire officials found Lucky but they had to use a special device for animals to resuscitate the dog, the news outlet reported.

“‘Lucky’ the dog lived up to his name today…” the Fire Department said in a tweet. The animal, who’s expected to recover, was being evaluated by the Pasadena Humane Society.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.