The Holiday season is here, and lots of us are thinking about family that’s far away. Our friends at Delta Vacations have partnered with us to offer one lucky viewer a chance to bring up to 4 relatives home for the holidays. To enter, fill out the form below tell us who you would like to fly home to Southern California for the holidays, and why. One winner’s relatives will get round-trip airfare to LA, hotel accommodations, a $500 gift card, and tickets to the 2019 rose parade!
Note: Entries in the contest are being accepted through November 30.
“KTLA 5’s HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS GIVEAWAY 2018”
KTLA LLC, 5800 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90028.
- CONTEST DATES:
KTLA5’s Home for the Holidays Giveaway 2018 (the “Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. PT on November 19, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on November 30, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Entries submitted in this Contest before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
- HOW TO ENTER:
No Purchase Necessary TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Go to http://www.ktla.com/holidays and follow the instructions to complete the entry form. All entries must be submitted according to the deadlines above, based on the criteria provided. You must provide all information requested on the entry form, including your name, age, address, contact information, social media account URLs, the names of a relative or relatives who live out of town whom you would like to join you in Southern California for the holidays (the “Relatives”), and an essay consisting of no more than 50 words detailing why you would like your Relative(s) to travel to Southern California to visit you for the winter holidays (“Essay”). For the purposes of this Contest, “Relative” is defined as a person related to the entrant by blood or marriage, or a person who has fulfilled the role of a close relative in your life, but is not a biological or married relation. You must have a valid email account in order for your entry to be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify those entries that contain offensive or inappropriate material which are deemed by the Sponsor to be unsuitable, or which Sponsor believe would subject it to a claim or litigation.
- By submitting an Essay, entrants represent and warrant that their Essays are their own original creations, have not been previously published, do not violate the rights of any other person or company (including but not limited to privacy and copyrights), do not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, do not contain offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content, and in no other way violate any applicable laws and that they have all rights necessary to submit the Essay in the Contest. Entries that include material that does not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- Incomplete or late entries will be disqualified and KTLA is not responsible for online entries that are lost, late, garbled, deleted, or misdirected as a result of technical, internet, server, or other online difficulties. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the email account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. Limit one entry per person or email address for the entire Contest Period. Subsequent entries from the same email address will be deleted if discovered by Sponsor. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified if discovered by Sponsor. All entry information (but not the Essays) becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or its receipt acknowledged.
- By submitting an Essay, each entrant grants to the Tribune Broadcasting Company, LLC, its affiliates and entities, including Sponsor, and its affiliated Web sites and broadcast stations a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and fully sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, adapt, translate, archive, store, and create derivative works from his/her Essay in any form, format, or medium, of any kind now known or later developed, without prior notice, approval or compensation. Each entrant further grants rights in the Essay as set forth in the Terms of Service on the Contest Website. Entrants otherwise will retain all rights to the PSA.
- Each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
This Contest is void where prohibited by law. This Contest is open only to legal residents of California who reside within the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura, Kern and Inyo in California, and Esmeralda County, Nevada, who are 18 years of age or older as of their date of entry, and who have not won any other prize from KTLA within the 60 days prior to the end of the Contest Period. Employees of other media companies (including radio and television), Sponsor, Delta Airlines, Delta Vacations, and their parent corporations, subsidiaries, or affiliates, and such employees’ immediate family (defined, as spouse, parents, children, and siblings) or household members are not eligible to enter or win the Contest.
To be eligible to receive the prize listed below, Relatives must be legal U.S. residents and they must live within a 100 mile radius of an airport in the United States served by Delta Airlines listed on the map found at https://ktla.com/holidays. (click for map) Relatives who reside within the counties of San Benito, Merced, Madera, Fresno, Inyo, Tulare, Kings, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Kern, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Orange, Riverside, San Diego and Imperial in California are not eligible to receive the prize. Multiple Relatives flying to Southern California as part of the prize must live within 100 miles of each other and must travel on the same itinerary.
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION, AND VERIFICATION:
At or near 11:25 a.m. on December 3, 2018, a judging panel composed of KTLA Staff and/or persons designated by KTLA will evaluate all entries. The panel will designate five entries as finalists (“Finalists”) from among all valid entries received based on receiving the highest scores pursuant to the following criteria:
- 10% – writing quality of Essay
- 35% – compelling nature of Essay’s content
- 55% – potential marketing and/or entertainment value of an entrant’s submission
If there is tie for the fifth Finalist position, judges will re-judge the tied entries to break the tie. At or near 11:25 a.m. on December 5, 2018, a second round of judging will be conducted by a judging panel composed of KTLA Staff and/or persons designated by KTLA. In this second round of judging, the five Finalists’ entries will be evaluated again and re-scored according to how well they fulfilled the original criteria listed above. The entry of the Finalist who obtains the highest score in this second judging round will be declared the winning entry in this Contest. If there is tie for first, judges will re-judge the tied entries to break the tie. The person who submitted the winning entry will be declared the winner (“Winner”), and the Relatives mentioned in the winning Essay will be declared the prize recipients (“Prize Recipients”). No more than four Relatives of the Winner will be declared Prize Recipients.
KTLA Staff member will attempt to contact the Winner via telephone to inform the winner of his/her status. Winner will be required to furnish contact information for Relative(s) mentioned in their Essay, including, but not limited to, phone number and email address.
The Winner may be required to present valid identification and the Winner and his or her Prize Recipients (and parent or legal guardian of Prize Recipients who is a minor) may be required to sign a Statement of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (the “Release”) by the deadline established by Sponsor in order to receive the prize. Winner may also be required to sign an Essay Release. If these requirements are fulfilled, the Winner must pick up or take delivery of the prize by the deadline established by Sponsor. If a selected Winner is ineligible, is not in compliance with the Official Rules, fails to provide required identification, does not respond within 48 hours of initial notification attempt, or fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms within a reasonable period of time, the prize will be forfeited and the Finalist who received the highest score among the non-winners will be named the Winner. If a Prize Recipient is not eligible or fails to sign and return required documents and provide required identification by the deadline established by Sponsor, Winner will be directed to designate another Prize Recipient, time permitting.
The prize is a trip to Los Angeles that will be awarded to each Prize Recipient and Tournament of Roses Parade tickets that will be awarded to Winner and each Prize Recipient.
Each Prize Recipient will receive the Grand Prize, which includes:
- Round-trip Main Cabin-class airfare for 1 person from a U.S. airport served by Delta Air Lines® (or on airlines listed below) to Los Angeles International Airport.
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Up to 11 nights of accommodations in one quadruple-occupancy room, to be shared by all Prize Recipients, at a hotel in the Los Angeles area to be determined by Sponsor.
- One bleacher-seat ticket to the 2019 Tournament of Roses Parade on January 1, 2019.
As a collective group, the Prize Recipients will receive a VISA gift card redeemable for up to $500 in goods and services anywhere VISA is accepted as a form of payment (“$500 VISA gift card”).
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is up to $5,200 if there are four Prize Recipients. In that case, the ARV of the portion of the prize received by each Prize Recipient is $1,300. If there are fewer than four Prize Recipients, the total ARV and proportionate ARV will be adjusted accordingly.
The Winner will receive one bleacher-seat ticket to the 2019 Tournament of Roses Parade on January 1, 2019 and a $500 VISA gift card.
The ARV of the Winner’s prize is $520.
The Winner and all Prize Recipients must be available and willing to appear on-air on either the “Backstage at the Parade” or the “Parade Countdown” broadcast on KTLA-TV Channel 5 (“the Shows”) on January 1, 2019 at the Tournament of Roses Parade Route, or Winner and/or Prize Recipients will be disqualified. Winner and Prize Recipients will be required to comport with generally accepted standards of behavior for an on-air appearance.
- Delta Vacations will provide air transportation via Delta Air Lines® from any city in the 50 United States. Travel is permitted on designated flights operated by Delta Air Lines; the Delta Connection® carriers: Chautauqua Airlines, Compass Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., GoJet Airlines, Endeavor Air, Shuttle America, and SkyWest; and Delta Shuttle® carriers: Shuttle America and Compass Airlines. Travel via other DL Airlink and DL designated affiliated partner flights is not permitted.
- Travel must be booked by December 20, 2018.
- All Prize Recipients must depart from LAX on January 2, 2018.
- The prize is not valid with previously purchased trip. The prize trip certificate may not be combined with any other coupon, certificates, discount, bonus, infant fare, upgrade, SkyMiles® Air Travel Award or promotional offers/tickets.
- Prize trip certificates are not valid with Miscellaneous Charge Orders or Prepaid tickets.
- Reservations must be made and ticket must be issued prior to departure.
- Delta Vacations must make all reservations and issue all travel documentation.
- Checked luggage fees may apply and are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Fees are
charged each way, and are subject to change. Refer to delta.com for current rates.
- Changes to reservations, once made, are not permitted.
- A per-ticket surcharge will apply for paper tickets issued in markets where electronic ticketing is available.
- Hotel accommodations and air travel are subject to availability
- Flight schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Standard Delta Vacations Terms and Conditions apply, and are outlined during the booking process; other airline restrictions may apply.
- Certain destinations may charge taxes or fees not covered by this certificate or Delta Vacations.
Prize Recipient may be required to present a major credit card at hotel check-in for incidentals. Actual value may vary from stated ARV, but, if actual value is less than stated ARV, difference in prize value will not be awarded. Prize Recipient who is a minor in his or her state of residence must be accompanied at all times by parent or legal guardian. Sponsor and prize provider will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, strike, work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the prize trip or Tournament of Roses Parade, and the terms and conditions of the prize tickets will govern in such event. Sponsor will not replace lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets or similar items once they have been given to Winner and/or Prize Recipients. All prize details will be at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, may not be combined with any other offer, and has no cash value. Prize substitution will not be allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize. Any unused prize elements will be forfeited. Any difference between actual value and stated ARV will not be awarded. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor.
Prize Recipients will be required to fill out and IRS W-9 Form (“W-9”), and will receive a Form 1099 from the IRS for prizes received from Sponsor in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining the prize, including but not limited to parking, ground transportation, souvenirs, baggage fees, and incidentals not specifically set forth herein, are the responsibility of the Winner or Prize Recipients as applicable.
The prize is not replaceable if lost, stolen, destroyed, or altered, it is not transferable or redeemable for cash, and it may not be substituted for another prize, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, or as provided in these Official Rules. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but under no circumstances will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- By entering, entrants grant to KTLA an unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to publish entry submissions (including Essays submitted by Entrants) in any medium now known or hereafter invented, in perpetuity. KTLA reserves the right (but is not obligated) to post entry submissions online at www.ktla.com or broadcast entry submissions on KTLA Channel 5.
- If for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause that corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. If Sponsor terminates the Contest, Sponsor will pick the Winner by applying the process set forth above to all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination. Sponsor will post notice of its action on the Contest website. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Contest if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor find such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or if such individual repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant, voters or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source.
- Sponsor reserves the right to delay Contest announcements, postpone or reschedule all or some of the Contest events, and/or modify Contest deadlines at its sole discretion. Any such changes will be announced and posted on the Sponsor’s website in a reasonable period of time.
- By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to have their names, photographs, voices, biographical information, likenesses, and entry submissions (including photographs) used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to this Contest or future similar contests without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, and hereby forever and irrevocably release, indemnify and holds harmless the Sponsor, Delta Airlines, Delta Vacations, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, shareholders, successors and assigns, from any liability, claims, demands, judgments, proceedings, causes of action, lawsuits, injuries, death, costs, expenses or damages, due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including but not limited to death) or property of any kind, arising from, resulting from, or in connection with, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Contest and any element or activity thereof, the entrant’s participation in, entry in, or in ability to enter the Contest, or any Contest-related activity, or the entrant’s acceptance, use, misuse, inability to use, possession, travel related to, or defect of any prize, or any violation of entrants privacy, publicity, personal and proprietary rights, or the collection, use and/or sharing of entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor or its designees; any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sponsor, or any of its agents or employees, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), and any typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Contest promotional materials.
- Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of each Sponsor’s or right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between any term of these Official Rules and any marketing or entry materials, the terms of the Official Rules will govern.
- Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court located in Los Angeles County; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or the names of the Winner and Prize Recipients, send a self-addressed envelope to “KTLA 5’s Home for the Holidays Giveaway 2018”, Attn: Creative Services, KTLA-TV, 5800 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90028, by February 28, 2019. A list of the Winner’s and Prize Recipient’s names will be available after the Winner has been verified and the prize has been awarded.