Possible Burglar Rescued 2 Days After Getting Stuck in Grease Vent of Bay Area Restaurant

A possible burglar had to be rescued from the grease vent of a vacant Chinese restaurant in the Bay Area after being trapped there for two days, authorities said Wednesday.

Around 9:30 a.m., firefighters and deputies responded to a reported lockout in the 700 block of Bockman Road in San Lorenzo and heard a man moaning in the building, according to the Alameda County Fire Department.

The man explained he was stuck in the duct of the hood system above the stove, officials said.

A photo showed his head and body were coated in thick brown grease, his arms crossed over his head as he struggled within the small confines of the space.

More resources were sent to the vacant restaurant, and about 30 minutes later, the man was extricated from the grease vent.

The Alameda County Sheriff’s Office indicated the man had trespassed on the property and described him as a “possible burglar.” He was there for about two days before being rescued.

The unidentified man was taken to a local hospital for treatment before being placed into the custody of the Sheriff’s Office. It was unclear whether he was arrested or would face any charges in connection with the incident.

No additional information was immediately released.

View this post on Instagram

At 9:27AM, Engine 23 responded to a reported lockout at 754 Bockman Rd in San Lorenzo. Upon arrival, firefighters heard moaning coming from inside the building. A person stated they were stuck in the duct of the hood and duct system above the stove. The response was upgraded to a rescue with Engine 24, Rescue 24, Truck 12 and Battalion 2. An adult male was extricated from the vent system within 30 minutes of firefighters arriving at the scene. The man stated he had been stuck in the duct system for 2 days. He was transported to a local hospital by Paramedics Plus for further evaluation. The Alameda County Sheriffs Office, Alameda County Health Department, and the Alameda County Building Department also responded. @ktvu2 @kpixtv @nbcbayarea @abc7newsbayarea @kron4tv @telemundo48 #ALCOFire #SanLorenzo

A post shared by Alameda County Fire Department (@alamedacofire) on

 

 

 

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.