The dishes at Atrium in Los Feliz are inspired by the places Chef Hunter Pritchett has visited, as well as the different neighborhoods of Los Angeles.
The restaurant has a real California vibe, and the interior is welcoming and beautiful, Jessica said.
Pritchett showed Jessica how he makes some of the restaurant's signature sauces: the French onion dip is great for any hot potato dish or chips, the herb salsa verde goes great with any grilled meat, while the brown butter aioli is a perfect pairing with any grilled vegetable.
This segment aired on California Cooking With Jessica Holmes Episode 34.
The following recipes are courtesy of Chef Hunter Pritchett:
French Onion Dip
- 12 scallions, grilled
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups of crème fraîche or sour cream
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 of teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- Rub scallions with oil and grill until they are charred.
- Allow to chill and chop into 2 inch pieces.
- In a blender or food processor, add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and mayonnaise and blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Add to a mixing bowl and whisk in sour cream or crème fraîche, salt, granulated garlic and onion powder.
- Allow to cool completely for flavors to settle.
- Serve and enjoy!
Herb Salsa Verde
- ¼ cup of parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup of mint, chopped
- ¼ cup of tarragon, chopped
- ¼ cup of chives, cut finely
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- Mix ingredients together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Brown Butter Aioli
- 3 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, browned
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- ½ bunch of parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of capers, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cube and toast butter in sauce pot until golden brown and toasty, all to chill for 5 minutes.
- Carefully mix hot butter into mayonnaise until smooth and creamy, add remaining ingredients bit by bit.
- Serve with your favorite grilled vegetable and enjoy!