In the wake of an uptick in violence against Asian Americans, KTLA presented a one-hour special, “Breaking Bias: Race In America,” on Sunday evening.
The special included KTLA anchors and reporters Frank Buckley, Cher Calvin, Ginger Chan, Kimberly Cheng and Gene Kang.
They focused on recent attacks on Asian Americans, speaking with two recent local victims about their experiences. Activists and celebrities trying to bring awareness to the topic of AAPI were also featured. And among other resources the special covered, a mental health expert explained how to talk to children about these issues.
This special aired 7 p.m. Sunday, March 28, on KTLA, Channel 5 in Los Angeles and on KTLA’s YouTube channel.
Additional resources and links:
- Stop AAPI Hate
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Document/report and read about hate incidents: Asian Americans Advancing Justice’s Stand Against Hatred
- GoFundMe for the Asian Women Alliance
- Donate to Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Donate to the AAPI Community Fund via GoFundMe
- Donate to Asian Hall of Fame via GoFundMe
- Asian Mental Health Collective’s APISAA Therapist Directory
- Bystander intervention training from Hollaback!