Jessica loves nectarines and thought they’d be the perfect ingredient for a summer dessert.
Levi helped out in the kitchen and was assigned the hardest job: mixing the crumble for Jessica’s nectarine crumble.
This dish is fun to make and leaves your kitchen smelling delicious.
This segment aired on California Cooking with Jessica Holmes Episode 72.
- 7 nectarines
- 1 squeezed orange or blood orange
- 1/2 stick of butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of whole fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup of flour for oat mixture
- 1/4 cup of flour for nectarine mixture
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of white sugar for oat mixture
- 1/4 cup of white sugar for nectarine mixture
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Your favorite ice cream (optional)
- Combine the oats, flour, salt, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter with a pastry cutter until everything is pea size.
- Cut the nectarines into bite-size pieces.
- Place the nectarines in a separate bowl with orange, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 of cup flour. Mix it up.
- Using the wrapper from the butter, butter up the baking dish.
- Pour the fruit mixture in and top it with the crumble.
- Bake the crumble in the oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream!