Just in time for Easter, Jessica and her son Levi made coconut nests to fill with candy!
Levi had a blast whisking the eggs and mixing in the coconut.
This recipe is quick, easy and fun!
This segment aired on California Cooking with Jessica Holmes Episode 66.
Easter Coconut Nests
- 6 ounces of sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 egg whites
- Easter candy of your choice — Jessica used jelly beans and candy-coated chocolate eggs
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl until they get frothy.
- Add egg white froth to shredded coconut and mix.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each hole of the muffin tin with shredded coconut then use your thumb and make a dent in each one.
- Bake in the oven at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes, until the coconut nests are golden.
- Let cool.
- Remove and fill with jelly beans, candy-coated chocolate eggs, your choice of candy.
- Happy Easter!