Move over peanut butter and jelly. Jessica Holmes is putting her own spin on the classic, giving it an unexpected savory flavor by substituting tahini for peanut butter. This is a web exclusive for KTLA's California Cooking: Episode 2.
Note: This recipe is just a guideline. Jessica’s cooking philosophy is all about having the freedom to adjust a recipe and improvise in the kitchen based on your personal preferences.
- Challah or raisin bread
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar, agave or honey to taste
- Jam (raspberry strawberry)
- Slather one side of bread slice with butter. (Optional)
- Place bread in toaster
- While bread is toasting, mix together the tahini, sugar (or substitute) and salt. You can start by using less sugar and salt and customize it to your taste.
- Once the bread is done, slather with the desired amounts of jelly. Drizzle the tahini mixture over it.