Jessica recently chatted with the Food Network’s Aarti Sequeira, who is a judge on “Halloween Wars.”
Aarti has two daughters, and Halloween is a big deal in her family.
She and Jessica made a fun and easy hot dog rattlesnake.
This segment aired on California Cooking with Jessica Holmes Episode 114.
Hot Dog Rattlesnake
- 1 16-ounce package of hot dogs
- 1 can of large refrigerated flaky biscuits (contains 8) at room temperature
- Honey mustard
- Everything bagel seasoning (optional)
- Green olives with pimento
- Anything to make a tongue: bell pepper, pepperoni, sun-dried tomato
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pop open the can, and separate the biscuits from each other. Flatten them slightly either with your hands, or very lightly with a rolling pin. Brush with a thin layer of honey mustard (use a pastry brush), and sprinkle with a little of everything bagel seasoning. Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Slice the hot dogs into quarters, too.
- To create each bite, place a piece of hotdog in the center of a biscuit quarter. Bring the opposite two points of biscuit across the top of the hot dog, and press to seal. Secure it with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining hot dog and biscuit pieces.
- Arrange your creation on a parchment or silicone mat-lined baking sheet, in the shape of a snake.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Decorate with two olives for eyes, and a piece of bell pepper/pepperoni/sundried tomato for the tongue. Serve!