It’s cherry season and Jessica couldn’t help but pick up some at the grocery store.
She saved this particular recipe to share once cherries were back in season.
Her Persian-style rice salad with cherries is so colorful and comes together very quickly.
This segment aired on California Cooking with Jessica Holmes Episode 105.
Persian-Style Rice Salad with Cherries
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and sliced
- 1 to 2 cups of brown wild rice, cooked and chilled
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon of sumac
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- 2 persian cucumbers, sliced into rounds
- 3 tablespoons of dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together