For a no fuss, easy brunch for that special mom in your life on Mother’s Day, try crepes!
Though crepes might seem intimidating at first, they actually don’t require many ingredients and can be fun to make!
Jessica called them a “blank canvas” because you can fill them with whatever you want.
Jessica made crepes with three of her favorite fillings, and said they’re as easy as making pancakes!
Mother’s Day Crepes
Ingredients for crepe batter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
Ingredients for 3 different crepe fillings
- Shredded Gruyere cheese
- French ham
- Chopped chives
- Smoked salmon
- Sour cream or creme fraiche
- Chopped Fresh Dill
- Powdered sugar
- In a blender, add the eggs, milk, flour, melted butter and blend.
- Refrigerate crepe mix for at least an hour or overnight.
- Add a pat of butter to a nonstick pan and use a ladle to spoon the crepe mix into a pan. Swirl the pan so that the crepe mix spreads evenly, wait for the crepe to bubble, then flip
- Repeat until you have enough crepes
- For a ham and cheese crepe, fill the crepe with french ham and gruyere cheese. Pop it in the oven until the cheese melts, then top it with chopped chives.
- For a smoked salmon crepe, fill the crepe with smoked salmon. Top it with creme fraiche or sour cream and chopped fresh dill.
- For a strawberry Nutella crepe, fill the crepe with Nutella and top with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar.
- Enjoy, and happy Mother’s Day!