Jessica hung out with Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Tanzel Smart in her kitchen recently and he taught her how to make his tasty Louisiana fried fish recipe.
Originally from Baton Rouge, Smart said food is a big part of family bonding for him. He loves to cook and even posts about his creations on social media.
Before getting to work, Jessica got to taste Smart’s baked honey Sriracha chicken wings.
Both dishes had a ton of flavor, Jessica said.
This segment aired on California Cooking With Jessica Holmes Episode 42.
Tanzel Smart’s Louisiana Fried Catfish
- 2 pound fried catfish
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Tony Chachere’s seasoning
- 1 bag of Louisiana Seasoned Crispy Fish Fry
- 1 quart of vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 freezer gallon Ziploc bag
- Wash, dry and cut the catfish into strips.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, Tony Chachere’s Seasoning to fish and combine.
- Pour fish fry into Ziploc bag along with strips of fish and shake bag for fish is fully breaded.
- Heat vegetable oil on medium high heat in a dutch oven or pot.
- Cook fish without overcrowding until they float to the top and are golden brown on the outside and moist and cooked through on the inside
- Serve and enjoy!