Jessica is a sucker for Girl Scout Cookies, and she recently tried a hack to making Samoas at home.
Not much is needed for this easy and delicious recipe.
This version of the popular cookie is also a great way to cut back on sugar!
Find out what Levi had to say about his mom’s creation.
This segment aired on California Cooking with Jessica Holmes, Episode 143.
- 2 super ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 unsweetened shredded coconut
- Milk chocolate bar or chips
- Note: To make these cookies a little sweeter, add 2 medjool dates mashed up or a tablespoon of agave syrup
- Add the bananas into a bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add shredded coconut and mix together.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop balls onto a Silpat-lined cookie sheet.
- Using a glass, flatten out each ball.
- Using a cake piping tip, create a hole in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, melt bar of milk chocolate in a double boiler.
- Remove the cookies from oven and cool.
- Drizzle chocolate over the cookies.