Greg Grunberg and his mom Sandy teach Jessica how to make his nanny’s thrice cooked brisket just in time for Hanukkah. For the complete recipe, see the details below. For all your holiday shopping, make sure you download Greg’s app called Yowza on your iPhone or Droid. Yowza!! is the Free Coupon App for iPhone or Droid that knows where you are and brings up amazing coupons for all of the restaurants and stores that are right around you. For more information, go to http://www.getyowza.com/
We’d like to thank The Ave in Venice for customizing the Fa La La La Latkes t-shirts. For more information, go to http://www.theavevenice.com/
Nanny’s Thrice Cooked Brisket
Serves 8 – 10
3 yellow onions, sliced into rings
5 lb. beef brisket
1 bottle (12 oz.) chilli sauce
1 package of onion soup mix
1/2 bottle merlot (the cheaper the better)
1) Spread half of onions in roasting pan; lay brisket on top – fat side up.
2) Mix sauce, soup and wine; pour over meat and top with rest of the onions.
3) Cover and bake at 375F for 4 hours. Remove, bring to room temperature.
4) Wrap in tin foil – place in fridge overnight – and save juice and onions from pan.
5) The next day, remove from foil and slice thin – much easier to slice when cold.
6) Place back in cooking pan and pour juices you saved over the top.
7) Cover and bake again at 375F for 2 more hours. Remove, bring to room temperature.
8) Reheat again right before serving – this meat will fall off the f*ing FORK.