16-Year-Old Shooter in Saugus High School Attack Dies From Self-Inflicted Wound: Sheriff’s Department

Local News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
A 16-year-old boy who shot five fellow students at Saugus High School Thursday, killing two of them before turning the gun on himself, died at a hospital Friday afternoon, sheriff’s officials said.
Saugus High School Shooting suspect Nathaniel Berhow, 16, pictured in a photo obtained by CNN.
Saugus High School Shooting suspect Nathaniel Berhow, 16, pictured in a photo obtained by CNN.
Nathaniel Tennosuke Berhow was pronounced dead just after 3:30 p.m., according to Sgt. Jennifer Roth of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Information Bureau. Berhow, a junior at the high school who officials said carried out the attack on his 16th birthday, had been hospitalized in critical condition since Thursday morning’s shooting. Officials said his mother was present at the time of his death. Meanwhile, Los Angeles County coroner’s officials on Friday identified the two student victims who died in the attack as 14-year-old Dominic Blackwell and 15-year-old Gracie Anne Muehlberger. A 14-year-old girl and 15-year-old girl remained hospitalized in good to fair condition Friday. Another 14-year-old boy wounded in the shooting was treated at a hospital and released on Thursday. A motive in the mass shooting has not been determined by investigators. The killer left no suicide note.

Most Popular

Latest News

More News

KTLA on Instagram

Instagram

KTLA on Facebook

KTLA on Twitter