Five people were hospitalized after two suspects opened fire at a San Pedro beach on Saturday night.
The victims were all males aged 15, 28, 45, and 51, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
Officers responded to reports of a shooting at Royal Palms Beach around 5:45 p.m.
When police arrived at the scene, five victims were found injured. They were transported to a local hospital for treatment.
The suspects fired 10 rounds from a semi-automatic handgun before fleeing the scene in a gray/silver sedan, said LAPD.
Police said there were around 20-30 people hanging out at the beach when the shooting took place.
Investigators say two male suspects approached the group. An altercation broke out which resulted in the shooting.
The suspects remain at large and no arrests have been made, police said.
One suspect is described as a man of mixed ethnicity in his 20s. He stands 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs about 160 pounds.
He has a buzzcut and was wearing a black mask during the shooting, police said.
Los Angeles County Supervisor Janice Hahn and Los Angeles City Councilmember Tim McOsker released a joint statement saying:
“We’re outraged and saddened by the shooting at Royal Palms Beach in San Pedro that has left 5 people injured. It’s tragically ironic that today we hosted a gun buy-back event just a few miles away from this location. Gun violence is wreaking havoc on our community.
Royal Palms Beach will be closed tomorrow and going forward earlier on weekends as we work on plans together to ensure safety and peaceful community use.”
As of Saturday night, four victims were listed in stable condition while one victim remains in critical condition, officials said.
Officers are canvassing the area for surveillance video or possible cellphone video of the shooting. The incident remains under investigation.