Five deputies with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department were hospitalized following a reported hazardous materials situation in Pico Rivera Monday afternoon, officials said.
The incident was reported about 12:50 p.m. along the 8000 block of Kellam Lane, according to the Los Angeles County Fire Department.
The patients were being assessed for “various medical complaints,” according to initial information from the Fire Department.
Later, officials said the five individuals were taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
Preliminary information from the Sheriff’s Department indicated the deputies were exposed to carbon monoxide. However, fire officials later indicated no hazardous materials were found at the location.
Residents in the area were advised stay inside their homes and remain clear of the incident. After a search, the home where the situation was first reported was safe for re-entry, fire officials said.
No other injuries were reported.
It is unclear what led to the initial report, and no further details have been released.