Seven children in Orange County were burned Wednesday when a science project went awry during an after-school program.
The children, all ages 5 to 8, were burned at the YMCA in Coto de Caza around 2 p.m. when an experiment involving microwaved soap splashed on the children, said Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi.
“The kids got too excited and touched the soap, which had billowed up like a cloud,” he said. “The cloud separated and splashed down on the kids.”
The children suffered first- and second-degree burns, Concialdi said.
Click here to read the full story at LATimes.com.