This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A driver is in custody after apparently trying to evade law enforcement by possibly going into the parking structure of the Sherman Oaks Galleria following a pursuit through the San Fernando Valley on Friday.

The driver, who was not identified, was taken into a custody a short time ago by officers with the LAPD’s Commercial Crime Division, Los Angeles Police Department Drake Madison told KTLA just before 1:30 p.m.

Madison did not specify exactly where, saying only that it was few miles away from the Galleria. That’s where the chase appeared to come to an end when the black Mercedes-Benz sedan drove onto a road that leads into the parking structure.

Earlier, LAPD officials said the driver was wanted on an unspecified felony.

It was not immediately clear when and where the chase began, but Sky5 was initially over the car on the 5 Freeway near Sylmar around 9:50 a.m.

After exiting the 405 Freeway, the chase continued on surface streets through Granada Hills, Northridge and Reseda, where the driver could be seen weaving in and out of cars, speeding through red lights, driving on the median and — at one point — going across a parking lot to evade pursuing officers.

By 10:15 a.m., the pursuit had entered the 101 Freeway, with the driver continuing to weave dangerously through traffic.

The pursuit alternated on freeways and surface streets, with the driver hopping on and off the 101 and 405 freeways until exiting the 101 in Sherman Oaks.

The driver continued on surface streets, narrowly missing a pedestrian at one point, according to the aerial footage. At another point, he or she appeared to be using a cellphone while behind the wheel.

Just after 10:45 a.m., the Mercedes went on to a road behind the Sherman Oaks Galleria that leads to the massive parking structure for the dining, shopping, entertainment and business complex, according to aerial video.

Law enforcement units didn’t appear to be following at the time, though at least one police vehicle could be seen stopped nearby.

It was unclear what happened to the driver between that time and when the individual was apprehended.

No additional information was immediately released.

KTLA’s Nancy Fontan and Nidia Becerra contributed to this story.