This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A man who lived in a home filled with guns and whose decomposed body was found in an SUV in Pacific Palisades was believed to be a human/alien hybrid secretly working with the U.S. government by his fiancée and a missing Oxnard woman who worked for her, according to the fiancée’s  mother.

Dawn VadBunker of Oxnard was last seen by her family on the same day 60-year-old Jeffery Lash died. Lash has not been officially identified as the man whose body was reported to police on July 17, but his former attorney confirmed his name to KTLA.

VadBunker’s mother believes her 39-year-old daughter has been caught in the middle of a mysterious death investigation and may be suffering from a mental breakdown.  According to Laura VadBunker, her daughter believes Lash was an alien “sent to earth to protect us.”

“I can’t believe this,” Laura VadBunker told KTLA in a telephone interview. “It’s worse than a Twilight Zone movie and we’ve lived through hell.”

Lash’s body was discovered by police in an SUV in the 1700 block of Palisades Drive. Police were alerted to the body by an attorney representing the victim’s fiancée, Catherine Nebron, who is also Dawn VadBunker’s employer.

Lash collapsed about two weeks before he found by police in the parking lot of a Bristol Farms in Santa Monica, Nebron told her attorney, Harlan Braun. She and Dawn VadBunker tried to help him, but Lash died, Laura VadBunker said.

Lash did not want to be taken to a hospital or have anyone call 911, Braun said.

Nebron and Dawn VadBunker believed Lash was a secret government agent, but not entirely human.

“He was part alien and part human and was out to save the world,” Laura VadBunker said.

Nebron didn’t notify authorities when Lash died because she thought the secret agencies he worked for would come and collect his body, she told Braun.

She left him in her SUV near their home and went to Oregon with Dawn VadBunker, whose family reported her missing two days later. Braun confirmed that Nebron fled to Oregon with VadBunker, who was reported missing by her family, prompting an Oxnard police investigation.

After two weeks, no one had come to get Lash’s body.

“When she came back, she was shocked that the agencies hadn’t picked him up,” Braun said. “So then she decided she’d better call police.”

Nebron contacted Braun, who initially thought her story was “crazy,” but he called LAPD. Officers sent to the home indeed found a decomposing body. Then, they found a weapons cache that Nebron had described to Braun.

“At first I thought it was craziness, but there’s just too much corroboration,” Braun said.

Inside the home, detectives found more than 1,200 firearms — including handguns, rifles and shotguns — as well as more than 6 tons of ammunition, according to Braun. The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed the finding of the body and the weapons cache on Monday, saying more than 2 tons of ammunition were found.

There were also a number of SUV’s modified for use on different types of terrains, including an amphibious vehicle, he said.

Braun also claimed police found $230,000 in cash, which his client knew nothing about.

As for Dawn VadBunker, she has still not returned from Oregon or called her parents or her children, her mother said.

She did send a letter in which she confirmed she was there when “Bob” died and that he “fought to stay alive,” according to her mother.

More Video: