San Gabriel Valley man who died this month was confirmed on Tuesday as the first West Nile virus death in Los Angeles County this year, county health officials said.
The man was hospitalized in late August and had pre-existing health conditions, according to the county Department of Public Health, which did not release the man’s name or other identifying details.
There have been 18 confirmed cases of West Nile virus so far this year, officials said.
Also Tuesday, the city of Long Beach, which has its own health department, announced its first human West Nile virus infection. City officials did not disclose the person’s name, age or condition.
Click here to read the full story at LATimes.com.