Attorney General Holder Weighing Whether to Pursue Death Penalty in LAX Shooting Case

Local news
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Federal prosecutors expect to know by early January whether they’ll seek the death penalty against the 24-year-old man charged in last year’s fatal shooting at Los Angeles International Airport.

Prosecutors told a judge Monday that they were still waiting to hear from the Justice Department regarding their case against Paul Anthony Ciancia. Atty. Gen. Eric Holder will ultimately decide whether to pursue the death penalty against the New Jersey native.

The next hearing in Ciancia’s case is scheduled for Jan. 5.

Prosecutors had previously said that they expected the decision by mid-November.

Click here to read the full story on LATimes.com.

Most Popular

Latest News

More News