It wasn’t particularly hot in Fresno on Sunday, but there was enough sunlight to bounce off of a mirrored headboard discarded in the back of a home.
Enter the freak event.
The headboard’s mirror essentially did what children with a mean streak and a magnifying glass have done to ants for years. Except in this situation, the sun’s beam was redirected to the home’s carport — which went up in flames.
“A mirror is pretty much like a big magnifying glass,” said Hector Vasquez, spokesman for the Fresno Fire Department.
Click here to read the full story on LATimes.com.