This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The northbound 5 Freeway fully reopened Wednesday night after a gas tanker overturned earlier in the morning, triggering a closure near Griffith Park, officials said.

The California Highway Patrol announced a full closure of the northbound lanes at Los Feliz and Glendale boulevards in the Atwater Village area at around 7:30 a.m.

Three of the lanes were reopened around 5:30 p.m., but the interstate only fully reopened at about 9:30 p.m.

Earlier, the gas tanker landed on its side after the driver saw a stopped vehicle ahead and swerved to avoid it, CHP Officer Roberto Gomez told KTLA. The driver was wearing a seatbelt at the time and did not get hurt, Gomez added.

No other vehicles were involved and no injuries have been reported.

“Approximately 10 (gallons) spilled onto the roadway and crews are working to determine how much may have entered storm drain,” the Los Angeles Fire Department said in a statement.

While a relatively small amount of gasoline leaked onto the freeway, the thousands of gallons of fuel that remained inside the tanker would have to be siphoned off before the truck could be completely removed from the scene, fire Capt. Cody Weireter said.

Fire officials said the fuel transfer was complete shortly before 3 p.m. and firefighters were working on propping the truck back up.

There is no concern for an explosion or fire, Weireter said, but crews will have to work meticulously.

Traffic on the northbound lanes was being diverted onto the 2 Freeway. Authorities had no plans to close the southbound 5 Freeway, which was expected to see some congestion from a daytime Dodger home game.

Officials previously estimated that some lanes might reopen at around 3 p.m.

But CHP officials said at 3:30 p.m. the closure was ongoing. Sky5 was over the area around 3 p.m. when a tanker could be seen still blocking lanes.

Just after 5 p.m., the agency said it was still working to reopen lanes.

KTLA’s Matt Phillips contributed to this report.