This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Police are searching for four home-invasion suspects who held a high-end watch dealer at gunpoint in the Hollywood Hills West neighborhood early Wednesday.

The incident occurred around 1 a.m. at a home on Carman Crest Drive.

The victim, who identified himself as Anthony Farrer, says he’s sure he was targeted because he is a well-known dealer who sells Rolex watches worth $50,000 to $60,000, and has millions of dollars worth of inventory. 

Farrer says he also has a strong social media presence, where he puts many of his watches on display, and that likely made him a target. 

Farrer recently moved to Los Angeles from Texas to open a high-end watch store, and says he is renting the home.

The suspects are believed to have parked down the street in a sedan before walking up and entering the home, Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Guillen said.

Farrer said he was asleep when the intruders first confronted him with specific demands.

“Multiple demands of where is the backpack? Where is the suitcase?” Farrer said. “They knew what they were looking for.”

Farrer said he was tied up by four masked intruders, who were armed with guns.

At least two handguns were used in the incident, Guillen confirmed.

Instead of showing actual Rolex watches, Farrer says he showed the robbers decoys because he’s been in the business a long time and was prepared for something like this.

“I’ve heard this story a million times. It was just the first time I ever really lived it,” Farrer said. 

The suspects fled with a small backpack full of jewelry but not a lot of money, Farrer said.

Investigators said there were no signs of forced entry into the home. Farrer believes that is because he may have accidentally left a door unlocked.

Police initially said there were four residents in the home at the time of the incident, but no details about the other victims was available. No injuries were reported.

Officers searched the area shortly after arriving, but determined the intruders had already fled.

There was no further description of the suspects or their vehicle.