San Diego County Baby Dies After Fentanyl Overdose, Likely From Pills Left in Family’s Bed

Local News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Baby Leo spent the early hours of Sept. 18, 2017, the way he usually did, snuggled up next to his parents in bed.

Except that morning he didn’t wake up.

Toxicology tests showed fatal levels of fentanyl in his bloodstream and stomach.

The likely source, authorities say, was his father’s little blue pills that had apparently been in the bed with the sleeping family that morning.

Read the full story on

Most Popular

Latest News

More News

KTLA on Instagram


KTLA on Facebook

KTLA on Twitter