Eight children were treated Wednesday afternoon after possibly ingesting marijuana gummies at a school in Sun Valley, officials said.

The incident was reported around 1:20 p.m. at 7330 N. Bakman Avenue, the site of Sun Valley Magnet School, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The patients were being evaluated for “sudden illness” after ingesting what is believed to be chewable marijuana, officials said. They were all conscious and breathing.

The boys and girls are between 12 and 16 years old. Five were taken to a hospital for further treatment, while three were released at the scene to their parents.

Officials said that while the kids were discovered sick at the campus, it was unclear if they are students.

“A confirmation of how each may be affiliated with the campus remains a matter for LAUSD officials,” LAFD said in an updated alert.

Several LAFD units responded to the school, aerial video from Sky5 showed.

Marijuana and marijuana edibles are widely available in cannabis stores across California where voters legalized recreational use in 2016.