This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Reality TV star and animal rights activist Steve-O posted was released from jail Monday, one day after posting videos on social media of a Hollywood-based stunt that ended in his arrest.

Best known for his dangerous and outrageous performances on the MTV show “Jackass,” Steve-O has since set out to perform offbeat stunts in the name of animal rights.

Steve-O, born Stephen Glover, was arrested Sunday night after firefighters responded to reports of a possible suicide attempt in the 6000 block of West Selma Avenue and later discovered it was a publicity stunt.

The ordeal began when Steve-O climbed a 100-foot crane, inflated a large killer whale balloon with the words “SeaWorld Sucks” on it and allegedly set off fireworks, the AP reports.

At the time, Steve-O was wearing a T-shirt that said “Blackfish,” referring to the 2013 documentary about the captivity of killer whales, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Steve-O live streamed the stunt on his Facebook page, garnering millions of views and thousands of “likes” and comments, but officials did not find his antics amusing.

“He’s trying to make a statement I suppose, and it’s highly discouraged because it’s absolutely wasting a lot of police and fire resources on this,” Los Angeles Police Department Lt. Michael Ling said.

Some 80 firefighters responded, along with five ambulances and a helicopter, according to the AP.

More than 30 LAPD officers were also called to the scene, where Selma Avenue was temporarily closed, the Times reports.  

An “air rescue cushion” was also deployed by the Los Angeles Fire Department personnel.

The reaction from officials seemed to amuse the celebrity.

“How many cops do we have,” Steve-O asked in one of three videos posted on his Facebook page Sunday documenting the stunt. “We got one, two … I saw a bunch. We definitely have their attention.”

Steve-O proceeded to say climbing the crane was “creepy” but exciting.

“Cops are going to have to wait for kind of a while I think. I got a few things to do,” he said.

His last Facebook post of the night asked, “Anyone want to bail me out of jail?”

Steve-O eventually climbed down from the crane and was taken into custody, according to officials with the Los Angeles Police Department.

He was expected to be booked on suspicion of trespassing, setting a firework without a permit, and conspiracy to commit a crime, Ling said.

Additionally, he may be booked for filming without a permit, the AP reports.

Steve-O was released at 10:50 a.m. Monday, according to the Sheriff Department’s inmate records website.

His bail was listed at $5,000, according to the site.

Sunday’s stunt was not the first time Steve-O filmed himself climbing high in the name of animal rights.

In August 2014, he posted a video to YouTube showing himself defacing a San Diego freeway sign by altering the “SeaWorld Drive” exit sign to say “SeaWorld Sucks.”