Ventura County is now allowing residents 65 and older to get vaccinated against COVID-19, officials announced Tuesday.
Previously, Ventura County had only made the vaccine available to those aged 75 and older, in addition to health care workers and those in skilled nursing facilities.
The age group expansion brings the county to the same vaccine allocation phase as nearby Los Angeles and Orange counties.
Ventura County has so far administered more than 98,850 doses, with nearly 13,000 more vaccine appointments scheduled this week, according to county data.
“Appointments are limited because of the limited supply of vaccines. It will take time to secure an appointment if you are in the current phase,” county officials said in a news release. “The County of Ventura wants you to have a vaccine and is advocating for more vaccines.”
People who sign up to get the shot will have to show an identification document verifying their age or place of work when they arrive for their vaccine appointment, county officials said.
Seniors can click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to book an appointment. Those who don’t have internet access or need help signing up can call 805-477-7161 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Ventura County Fairgrounds, South Oxnard Public Health and Goebel Adult Community Center in Thousand Oaks are all meant to be vaccinating seniors, but no appointments were available Tuesday afternoon.
Besides county-operated vaccination sites, residents can get the shot at these Albertsons, Pavilions or Vons pharmacies:
- Albertsons Savon – 541 S Reino Rd, Newbury Park, CA
- Albertsons – 1268 Madera Rd, Simi Valley, CA 93065
- Pavilions – 1135 Lindero Canyon Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
- Vons 1913 – 450 S Ventura Rd, Oxnard, CA 93030-6557
- Vons 2825 1291 S Victoria Ave, Oxnard, 93035
- Vons 2436 – 2101 North Rose Ave, Oxnard, CA 93030
- Vons – 1855 East Cochran St, Simi Valley, CA 93065
- Vons 1610 – 1790 N Moorpark Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- Vons – 2048 Avenida De Los Arboles, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
- Vons – 5688 Telephone Rd, Ventura, CA 93003
- Vons 2678 – 6040 Telegraph Rd., Ventura, CA 93003
Residents could sign up here to be notified when more vaccine appointments are available.
Those who get vaccinated will receive an email with a link to register for their second dose, according to the county appointment site.
The Area Agency on Aging is providing transportation for older county residents who need to get to their vaccine or coronavirus testing appointments, including people who need lift assist. To schedule a ride, call 805-477-7300 after booking a vaccine appointment.