A two-day visit from Vice President Joe Biden was expected to cause increased traffic in Los Angeles in areas spanning from Brentwood and Downtown L.A. during rush hour Monday and early Tuesday, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
An LAPD news release Sunday provided a list of multiple areas motorists were advised to avoid during Biden’s trip.
Monday traffic warnings:
- Near the 405 Freeway and Santa Monica Boulevard from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Near Santa Monica Boulevard and Wilshire Boulevard from 3 to 8 p.m.
- Near Sunset Boulevard between North Barrington Avenue and Mandeville Canyon from 5 to 9 p.m.
Tuesday traffic warnings:
- Near Santa Monica Boulevard and Wilshire Boulevard from 8 to 10 a.m.
- North Broadway between West 19th Avenue and Daly Street from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- North Spring Street between South Avenue 18 and Arcadia Street from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Near West Cesar East Chavez Avenue and North Grand Avenue from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Grand Avenue between West Cesar East Chavez Avenue and West Olympic Boulevard from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Bus routes were not expected to be impacted, but riders were advised to check Metro.net for alternate routes.