Pride Month has just begun and this Sunday, the inaugural WeHo Pride parade took place in West Hollywood. The parade kicks off a month of Pride celebrations taking place across the country.
KTLA is proud to be the broadcast partner of WeHo Pride. “Queer Eye” star Karamo joined KTLA’s Pedro Rivera and Cher Calvin as they hosted the block party bash at the end of the route on Santa Monica Boulevard.
The free parade is for all ages and began at noon at Crescent Heights and moved westward along Santa Monica Boulevard to the city’s Rainbow District. Janelle Monáe was the Grand Marshal and JoJo Siwa was the Next Gen Icon.
Watch a replay:
If you couldn’t make it to West Hollywood or if you missed the live coverage, we’ve got you covered. You can watch a replay of the festivities here:
If you are headed to the festivities, here is a list of things you should know:
- West Hollywood Park and its Dog Parks will be closed through Wednesday, June 8.
- West Hollywood Library is closed through the weekend and will reopen at 11 a.m. on Monday, June 6.
The City of West Hollywood will suspend enforcement of permit parking for the event from 4 p.m. on Friday, June 3 to 7 a.m. on Monday, June 6. All metered parking will still be enforced. If you park in the cities of Los Angeles or Beverly Hills, all parking restrictions must be observed for those areas.
Some public parking structures and lots offer limited parking for a fee on throughout the weekend:
- Kings Road Parking Structure, 8383 Santa Monica Boulevard
- La Jolla/Havenhurst Lot, 1043 La Jolla Avenue (metered)
- Orange Grove Lot, 1114 N. Orange Grove Avenue
- Spaulding Lot, 7718 Santa Monica Boulevard
- Queens Lot, 8459 Sunset Boulevard
- Sunset Lot, 8775 Sunset Boulevard
Attendees are encouraged to take ride shares or West Hollywood’s special free Pride Ride shuttle and trolley services, and Metro.
The free shuttle to Hollywood and Highland, Cityline Commuter, and the City’s free weekend nighttime and Sunday Funday ride, The PickUp, will get together and become Pride Ride for WeHo Pride weekend. Pride Ride requires face masks.
For more information on WeHo Pride and all other festivities head here.