A woman was hospitalized after a possible propane explosion in Huntington Beach Wednesday morning, local fire officials said.
Firefighters at the Huntington Beach Fire Department heard an explosion around 5:30 a.m. and responded to the 18900 block of Gothard Street, about half a mile away, according to fire Captain Bob Culhane.
A woman was found injured after an explosion and was hospitalized. Her condition was not known.
The explosion appeared to have occurred inside a storage container, where the majority of the damage was found, Culhane said. Debris and at least one torched vehicle were located at the scene.
The incident was likely caused by propane, gasoline or another flammable substance, he added.
The woman was one of two “night watchmen” working near the facility at the time, but it was not known why she was in the facility or what led up to the explosion, Culhane said.